A career in Purchasing and Supplier Quality is the ideal foundation for a long lasting career with FCA. Because of the business understanding and exposure gained here, there are many opportunities for advancement—not only within the departments, but also throughout the organization. See what it's like to work in these areas:
With increasing sales and a growing product line, Group Purchasing leverages $89 billion globally in purchased parts and services to help bring the most exciting, stylish, innovative and high-performing features and components to our award-winning vehicles.
As a member of one of our buying teams – such as Chemical, Metallic, Electrical, Powertrain, Indirect or Mopar – the contracts you'll negotiate are intense, long-term and often involve complex commodities. These teams work with supplier partners and colleagues across nearly every functional area to develop and execute sourcing strategies that drive success for the extended enterprise. For example, one day a buyer may meet with Engineering to confirm specifications or test product quality, the next day meet with Marketing for projected volumes, and then meet with Supplier Quality to determine the supplier’s capabilities.
In addition to the buying teams, other departments within Group Purchasing support the ongoing selection, management and development of the world’s highest quality, best performing automotive supply base. These teams include Supplier Relations; Product Development Purchasing; and Integration, Methods & Strategy.
Group Purchasing is the ideal fit for those individuals looking for a fast-paced and exciting work environment where your strategic planning and entrepreneurial spirit can drive success. You’ll work on projects and teams critical to transforming our organization and supporting the long-term goals of our new company. As part of Group Purchasing, you’ll also have access to a wide variety of training courses and professional development opportunities to help you continuously learn new skills, strengthen current skill sets and pursue your career aspirations.
- SUPPLIER QUALITY
Our supply base, both domestic and international, is a critical component to our success. Keeping it strong allows us to better keep up with demand and launch new lines. To that end, we partner with our suppliers to develop their quality systems and ensure FCA will continually have the quality components we need.
We'll expect you to visit with your suppliers regularly, and take the opportunities to get out on the plant floor and see the manufacturing environment. The relationship you build can make our relationship more fruitful for both us and the supplier.
Like Purchasing, Supplier Quality connects with more corners of the organization than any other area, and its work has a direct effect on the vehicles our customers buy. If you are looking for an opportunity to extend your reach, and your impact, there may be no better career.
- MOPAR® SERVICE, PARTS AND CUSTOMER CARE
Nothing fuels customer loyalty like service. Working within our Mopar® Service, Parts and Customer Care division is an opportunity to drive growth in an integral part of our business. The Mopar® group is quite diversified, and includes:
- Parts – Supply Chain Management – Parts Supply Chain Management is responsible for global order fulfillment and distribution of service parts and accessories for all of FCA US LLC. This area processes over 180,000 customer orders per day. It also manages Chrysler's National & Field Parts Depots and the implementation of World Class Logistics.
- Service & Parts Quality – Service & Parts Quality is responsible for technical improvements. It is the quality lead for supporting continuity in our process improvement actions. Service & Parts Quality also leads the coordination of internal processes using owner feedback, with enhancing customer satisfaction our overall goal.
- Parts Sales Operations – Parts Sales Operations drives our global parts revenue by implementing strategies that promote customer loyalty and capitalize on retail and wholesale market opportunities. Our goal is to develop and provide a complete portfolio of products so that we have the right part, at the right place, for the right price, at the right time.
- Service & Parts Marketing – Our Service & Parts Marketing team works to strengthen the brand and develop strategies to expand the market. Its goal is to improve current performance levels and brand awareness in all aspects of the after-sales experience.
- Service Contracts – Chrysler Service Contracts (CSC) develops, markets, sells, and administers extended major mechanical coverage and convenience/maintenance products on new and pre-owned vehicles manufactured by FCA and competitive brand manufacturers.
- Technical Service Operations – Technical Service Operations is responsible for Warranty Operations, Field Technical Support, Technical Development, Service/Parts Information Delivery and Advanced Technology to support the Business Centers, dealerships and the customer. Service Engineering is the primary voice of service within the Product Development community with the goal of improving serviceability, maintainability, insurability and reducing damageability.
- Service Fleet – Fleet and Commercial Vehicle Service is responsible for delivering integrated customer-focused support after the sale, and for driving products that maximize customer loyalty.
- Customer Care – The Customer Care and Call Centers Group supports our customers, dealers and business centers by taking responsibility for inbound/outbound customer calls, regulatory affairs, global alliance issues and managing the Customer Promoter Score (CPS).
- International Service & Parts – International Service & Parts has oversight and governance of issues related to sales and marketing, market management, supply chain order fulfillment and customer satisfaction for international markets.
If you're a determined achiever, someone who's not afraid to tackle new challenges, you will find the variety and growth opportunities at FCA the perfect career fit. Learn about the jobs now available
in Purchasing and Supplier Quality.